About KIPP New Orleans Schools:
KIPP New Orleans Schools is a fast-growing network of open-enrollment, public, college-preparatory charter schools. The mission of KIPP New Orleans Schools is to create an influential network of public schools that gives students the knowledge and skills necessary to succeed in competitive high schools, colleges and the world beyond. KIPP New Orleans Schools currently operates nine schools in the Recovery School District serving over 2,400 students from grades Kindergarten to tenth grade.
With longer school days, innovative teaching, and a motivating learning environment, we are working to ensure that all of our students are prepared for college and beyond. KIPP students are assigned homework every night, and KIPP teachers are available by cell phone to assist as necessary. KIPP schools in New Orleans embrace the spirit of New Orleans with band, visual arts, or other fine arts available at every school.
KIPP New Orleans Schools is associated with the national KIPP (Knowledge Is Power Program) Network, which recruits and trains school leaders to open KIPP schools across the country. The KIPP network is rapidly growing; there are currently 110 KIPP schools in 20 states and the District of Columbia, serving more than 32,000 students.
KIPP New Orleans Teachers in KIPP New Orleans Schools see an opportunity to have a positive impact on the lives of students and families by preparing students for success in college and beyond. If you share in our belief and deep commitment to this vision, if you have a proven willingness to do whatever it takes for students to achieve, if you thrive in an environment with like-minded teachers, then you are already a KIPP teacher.
We are looking for teachers who combine the ability to motivate and educate, to develop academic as well as character skills, and to make a college preparatory education relevant both now and for the future. We look for teachers with at least two years teaching experience and a desire to make a difference in the lives of students in New Orleans.
- Bachelor's degree (required)
- At least two years of teaching experience (required)
- Demonstrated success in raising the achievement levels of traditionally under-served students (strongly preferred)
- Experience working in urban schools (preferred)
- State teaching credential (preferred)
- Belief in the mission and values of KIPP — and that we not only can, but must, revolutionize education in New Orleans – along with zest, grit, hope, love, social intelligence, gratitude, and a sense of humor :)
- An incredible work ethic and a passion for being part of a team-oriented, mission-driven school culture
- A strong desire to become a better teacher by joining the KIPP New Orleans team and family
- Teaching students in a high quality, engaging way
- Create and foster a positive learning environment and exhibit positive rapport with students
- Hold high expectations for each student while implementing the school wide student management policies within classrooms and everywhere on campus
- Constantly assessing student progress, and communicating results to families and colleagues
- Providing individual or small group instruction for students who need additional assistance
- Establish and maintain strong lines of communication with parents
- Remain on-call in the evenings (via school cell phone) to provide student support
- Modeling the school’s values in all communications with students, families, and staff
- Assist in development of curriculum standards and mapping
- Be prepared to do whatever it takes for students to excel
- Committing to constant professional and personal growth through working closely as part of a team of teachers
- Work well on a team faced with the challenge of building and maintaining a school collaboratively
Salary is based on the public school pay scale in New Orleans, with additional compensation for the extra teaching hours required. Competitive benefits package including health coverage and retirement.
KIPP New Orleans Schools is building a high quality, sustainable network of tuition free, open enrollment, college preparatory public charter schools that empowers students with the knowledge and skills necessary to succeed in school and life.
Please visit our website http://www.kippneworleans.org/join-our-team to formally apply and be considered for a position.
If you would just like to express general interest in KIPP New Orleans without formally applying, please upload your resume and a short video of your teaching.